Search the World of Onn

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's all about the image

I was looking at the cover for the two Onn books I've produced thus far for the public and I like everything about them except for the FAS logo. It's crude, childish and just downright an eyesore. This past weekend the old Saturday group I used to be part of had another game that I couldn't attend due to my non-weekends off work schedule and girlfriend's Birthday. I was looking over some material I'm working into public form for another project and I was thinking about those darned Greeks, Moi Greke, Mythica and Brian's Rangers.

(This all comes together in an odd way, or maybe not so much)

My girlfriend and I went to one of the local, small state parks a couple of years back, with me dressed in Renn-Faire garb for some snapshots for a now-defunct project (one of them is the picture to the right over my profile info). I'm sitting here looking at those covers and that ugly logo. While all of this is circling my head I started thinking about Rangers, and this led to remembering how Brian, when he played a Ranger it always had a name that started with an "R", like Rand or Rommel (did I mention before how he likes the Desert Fox?), and so on.

I started tinkering around with the picture...and got this on a whim...


Now I know this doesn't look like much of a ranger, out of place with the wrong colors in the woods and all that, but in theory the lightly armored, self-reliant (not to mention dashing) figure may be more of a Roadwarden between civilized lands ranger than the tree-hugger ranger...anyway to the point, Brian's "R" rangers inspired the name "Rogue Ranger". It formed on a whim, but it looks alot better (to me) and 'feels' right...

I may move FAS over to RRG after I let it simmer for a while and think about it.

4 comments:

Kurt said...

Rogue? Rogue? Does this mean we're step closer to having legitimate, er, um, dare I say it, thieves in the game? ;-)

James Bobb said...

LOL, there are already 4 Thieves, un, Tomb Robbers, um, Adventurers in the game...what's more legimate than that?

Anonymous said...

Well, I am going to try this comment section again. I like the new company name, but I don't know if I would use a photo with your ugly mug in it. Of course, we all know that RPG's are played in the basement, so it might have the added benefit of scaring away the rats...LOL!

Just pulling your chain... Hope you can make it around for a Saturday session at some point.

Brian

James Bobb said...

LOL, RPGs aren't just played in any basement, they're played in you Dad's and Friend's Basements!

Yeah I miss seeig everyone, hopefully soon I'll make an appearance...